Thursday, November 3, 2011

Six Reasons

Luke, there are a MILLION reasons I love you, but here are six I have chosen for your sixth birthday:

1. You are mine.  Six years ago God gave you to me and your daddy, and we consider that day one of the best days of our lives.  Nobody will EVER love you like we love you. 
2. You love your mama, daddy and brothers.  You instinctively know how to be a part of a family.  You give, you honor, you nurture, you embrace so naturally. 
3. You are a life long learner.  You want to know everything there is to know about everything.  Sometimes I call you "Sid, the Science Kid" because you are curious like him.  No simple answer for you.  You want to know all the details, the why's, the how's. 
4. You are motivated to do your best at everything.  You don't do things halfway.  You do things with your whole heart and almost always with a good attitude.
5. You love life.  Every day is a new adventure.  And you love adventure.  You're not afraid to try new things.  You are going to spend your life leading the way.  Today you asked me what a pilgrim is.  I tried to give you a good definition, but when I looked it up, this is what I found:

pil·grim   /ˈpɪlgrɪm, -grəm/ Show Spelled[pil-grim, -gruhm]
noun
1.a person who journeys, especially a long distance, to some sacred place as an act of religious devotion: pilgrims to the Holy Land.
2.a traveler or wanderer, especially in a foreign place.
3.an original settler in a region.

You are a pilgrim.  You will find new lands, explore new places, settle new regions.  You will spend your life on a journey, going the distance, as an act of devotion to your heavenly Father.  I can't wait to see it!
6. I love that you are learning to listen and obey.  You are learning to listen and obey your mama and daddy, and when you give your heart to Him, you will easily hear and obey God.

Just six reasons.  Out of a million.  Happy birthday, my love!

1 comment:

Pajama Mama said...

Happy Birthday, Luke!