Monday, January 28, 2008

The Magic Nursery

The Magic Nursery is where Luke will sit quietly at a table and listen to the Sunday School lesson being taught. The Magic Nursery is where Luke took his first steps. Without me. The Magic Nursery is where Luke goes pee-pee in the potty. What?! Yes, we picked him up yesterday, and the lady in the nursery said he went pee-pee in the potty. Since when does my child do that? We have been casually working on the potty thing before we put him in the shower, and he goes through the motions: put his seat on, sit down, "Hold it down" (He likes this part best, for some reason.), make the pee-pee noise (We did it once, and it stuck.), "All done", flush, wash hands. But never is there any actual pee-pee. I asked the nursery worker about four times if she was SURE it was our blonde little boy that went in the potty and not the other one. There are only three children in the nursery, so I hope she didn't think I was calling her stupid. I was just kind of in shock, you know?

I'm writing down any and all other behaviors that need to be modified and tacking a list to his diaper bag for next Sunday.

2 comments:

KateVonGlahn said...

I wish I had a magic nursery. Do you know where I could find one?

Anonymous said...

i am so proud of you, kate, and dannah. you are such good mamas.