Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Coffee, God's Gift to Mothers

I was sitting in my living room this morning before the boys got up, drinking my coffee (geeze, that makes me sound old), "resting" a minute before the day started, and trying desperately to ignore the sounds coming from Eli and Luke's rooms. I could hear Eli talking, just playing, so it really wasn't a big deal. But I do like to pretend he's still sleeping when it's only 6:45 in the morning. From Luke's room, on the other hand, were the sounds of a wild animal, just waiting to be let out of its cage. Luke is generally a calm sort of kid. He usually wakes up, talks a little bit, calls out to us once or twice and then lays there until we come get him. This morning, it sounded like he was bouncing from one side of his bed to the other. Again, it was only 6:45 in the morning. So went the rest of our morning. Thankfully, he wore himself out. He's still napping and it's 4:30. The morning really wasn't all bad. I'm just glad I had my coffee.

No comments: