Monday, January 21, 2008

Little Monkey

Luke has been a little monkey for a while now. Climbing all over everything from the table to the couch to his dresser, etc. That I expect. But what I do not expect is to peak around the corner and see Eli, not quite nine months, hanging by his finger tips from the edge of the toy box. Of course, he was only hanging two inches from the ground, but he was totally freaked out that he had managed to get himself in that position. Last night, I let him go and he stood there by himself for seven or eight seconds and then slowly lowered himself down to sit the ground. When I told my friend with nine children that right at seven months Eli started pulling himself up, she looked at me with a shocked expression and said, "He's going to give you a run for your money!" Not comforting from a mother of nine. Nothing should surprise her, right??

No comments: