Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Luke's New Haircut


So, Luke and Eli desperately needed hair cuts. I guess I was overly confident after the success of Eli's hair cut because when I started on Luke's hair I moved a little too quickly. Needless to say, the only way to fix it was to buzz it all off.

I posted a really sweet picture of him to soften the shock factor. Trust me, he and I were both shocked. When he first looked in the mirror, he stared at himself for a full five seconds like he was trying to figure out who the other kid in the room was. Later, when he looked in the mirror again, he said, "I look good! I have a nice hair cut."

He likes it, Kris likes it, and it's growing on me. I just have to keep reminding myself that it's Luke and not a totally new child.

And just so you know, if you ever cut your child's hair and accidentally cut their ear, they will forget far more quickly (and cry a whole lot less) than you will.

5 comments:

Christy Ward said...

Love the fact that you cut your boys' hair!! I am not that brave! Luke looks like such a big boy now!

Anonymous said...

he looks so old! precious! isn't amazing how a new haircut can make them look SO different!

Raina Miranda said...

I think he looks adorable, but it definitely makes him look older! Now you have a little man! I already want to cut Asher's hair because he has a really bad mullet, but Chelsea won't let me....I can't imagine why??!! :) Anyway, I'm happy to see you are doing well!!

shauna said...

Yep. Have the same story with Elijah when he was 2. I cut his ear and cried over the sheer amount of blood coming from such a small body part!
He now goes with the buzz look. I do it myself. (Of course, he's completely forget the ear part!) I pay him a dollar if he lets me cut it. I take the other two to a salon. One day he'll know he got scammed for only a dollar! But it works for now!

KateVonGlahn said...

Our babies are growing up!