Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Judah's Birth and First Three Weeks - The Details

I can't believe I'm starting off with this picture, but you want the full story, right? And I'm sure I'll be glad to have this picture on here years down the road. Anyway, this is me shortly before Judah's birthday.

I went to my 38 week appointment on Tuesday, the 22nd, with hopes that my midwife would send me on to the hospital. When I got to the office, I found out she was stuck in traffic and I might have to see another doctor. I asked to wait on her, and after about an hour, a different midwife came in. When I mentioned about the other midwife's promise to induce, she looked at me like, "Yeah, right." Until she checked me, and I was already completely effaced and 5 cm. dilated. Finally, my midwife got there, the two of them conferred and then checked with the hospital. I could hear them outside my door saying, "There's only one bed left? Hmm..." I was trying not to be too disappointed when they came in and said, "Go straight to the hospital before the last bed gets taken." Hallelujah!

So, here I am, IV in, pitocin at work, awaiting an epidural. My friend from church, Heidi, was my nurse, which was wonderful and fun. She took great care of me and made sure everything went perfectly. After the epidural was in, I passed out (not literally) because I was so relaxed. It was lovely.

Three hours after my midwife broke my water, I pushed three times, and Judah was born. Grandma Clair, Grandma Bonnie and Daddy were there for the excitement.


Kris was grateful it was over.
After a night and a day in the hospital (all by myself - ahhhh, wonderful solitude), I came home to two happy little boys with bronchitis. Kris had a rotten cold as well. The first day home had me a little stressed, but they all got well quickly, and Judah and I were spared sickness.
Luke and Eli were eager to share right away.
Sweet brother love.
The boys always want to hold Judah...
And feel a little disappointed when they have to wait their turn.
And now, Judah is doing his job well.
Entertaining us.
Eating.
Sleeping.
And, well, you know. No pictures of the other.

2 comments:

HaleyM said...

Judah is a cutie pie! I am glad all is well with you guys! You look great yourself! Miss you girl!

Anonymous said...

i love birthday stories. thanks for sharing. you are a great mom!