Monday, November 16, 2009

Yummy Calzones

I made this recipe for dinner tonight and it was met with rave reviews from all three boys. In my house, that's hard to accomplish.

Luke not only commented multiple times about how good it smelled while it cooked but ate his whole piece, spinach and all, and raved about it. Eli gobbled his up, too. Kris came in, and the first thing he said was, "Oh man, that looks good!" He commented at least five times about how good it was and that it was better than the Italian restaurant downtown.

And. It was easy. I love it.

I used less cheese, onion and spinach than it called for and ground sausage from the breakfast food section. You could get creative about what you put in it and even see if you could trick your kids into eating something they normally wouldn't. That's my plan anyway. We will definitely be having this again soon!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Pajama Mama said...

That does sound good!!! I love calzones but haven't tried making them. I have made chicken packets which is a similar idea...but with smushed together crescent dough instead of pizza.