Friday, September 5, 2008

My "Day Off"

I have such a big boy.

Luke spent the night with Grandma and Papa last night and went to Disney with Grandma, Aunt Erica, Uncle Charles and cousins Cole and Tripp today. If I had been thinking clearly, I would have videoed Luke's reaction when I told him that he was going to spend the night with Grandma and Papa. It was absolutely priceless. When I dropped him off with them, he was standing around with his hands on his hips, watching us swap car seats and taking it all in. I'm so grateful that Luke has grandparents to love him and spoil him. It's a gift that he appreciates now and will cherish forever.

Eli and I have had a nice day. I laugh when I think about how I felt like it was so hard to have just one child. It is definitely hard work to have even one child, don't get me wrong, but I guess you just don't realize how much you are capable of until you have more. Then when you're back down to one, you realize how much you can get done with just one. Maybe I'm just not as sensitive to wails; whines; general, all-around neediness, so going to the store with just one feels like a vacation.

So, today has officially been my day off. I'm ready for it to end. I miss Luke terribly.

1 comment:

KateVonGlahn said...

Yay for a break! I wish I could have seen his face too.