Monday, June 2, 2008

Our Fun Weekend

Let me tell you my million dollar idea. FedExing your children to your out of town destination. I know there are a lot of logistics that would have to be worked out, but really, it could be a hit. Honestly, if it never caught on and only worked for us, I would still be happy. We decided at 3:00 on Wednesday that we wanted to go to Camilla. So, by 4:00, after packing, getting the boys up from their naps, changing diapers, filling sippy cups, giving Eli a bath to wash the spit-up off of him (He hasn't spit up in months, yet he spit up during his nap that day.), we were on the road. Eli was not a happy traveler this trip. It was reminiscent of his baby days. The ride back was way worse. Let's just say we won't be doing any traveling for a while.

Aside from the travel, we had lots of fun this weekend. The boys were sweet and played well with their cousins. We went to lake on Friday and spent the night. Luke loved driving the boat, and Eli liked riding as long as we went fast and kept his face covered and had a bag of cereal for him to hold. I wish we had a picture of Eli sucking his thumb on one hand and holding his other hand in the bag of cereal while snuggled down into my chest under Mama's jacket. I just enjoyed the snuggle time. Luke got on the tube with me. We didn't go very fast, but he enjoyed it. He called it the "yellow tire". Luke also loved the canoe.

I think my favorite part of the weekend was just watching Luke have so much fun. He's getting so much more grown up and can have more freedom. He was playing in the yard at the lake, and the next door neighbor's dog, Maggie, who is a yapper, was yapping away at Luke every time he was outside. He was loving it and laughing like crazy. When Maggie would go inside, Luke would say, "Where's Maggie? Maggie! Where are you? I want to play with you!" At one point, Daddy called the neighbor to see if Maggie could come back outside. Hilarious!

I guess this weekend was a little view into what is to come with the boys. Trips will be more fun and we'll be able to enjoy being away and out of our routine. We are looking forward to out next lake trip.

Now, if we can just figure out how to get Eli there...

3 comments:

Anna said...

Fun!! Go Granddaddy!!

KateVonGlahn said...

I'm thinking the shipping idea is a great one! I mean, if they are going to cry the whole way why not cry in the back of an air conditioned cargo van?

Hannah Hoffmann said...

That's what I'm saying.