Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Judah's Two Month Check-Up

This morning was Judah's two month check-up. He is, as I suspected, a little chunky monkey. He is 13 pounds and 2 ounces and 23 3/4 inches. I looked back at Luke and Eli's stats at two months, and Eli was pretty much the same. Luke was two pounds lighter and two inches longer! Good grief, I knew he was skinny and long, but that's wild to me. He got four shots, and, other than being really sleepy today, he hasn't been affected.

Judah is even sweeter and more fun than before. He is smiling all the time and even laughing occasionally. He sleeps pretty well at night, waking up once, usually around 4:00. His naps are consistently 1 1/2 to 2 hours, unless we're running around town. He doesn't sleep well in his car seat unless the car is moving. He still has a little fussy time in the evening, but as long as he's being held he's happy.

It's been fun to watch Judah start to recognize his brothers. Luke is more interested in him than Eli, naturally, and Judah smiles at Luke and is comforted by him. The other morning, I was trying to finish a few things before I had to take Luke to school, and, consequently, I was ignoring Judah's requests for attention. I walked back into the room where he was, and Luke had gone to Judah's bed, gotten his passy and was holding it in Judah's mouth. It was a sweet example of what a good big brother Luke has become.

No comments: