Monday, July 21, 2008

A Run Down of Our Weekend

We had a wild and fun weekend with Kris' cousins in town. On Friday night, there were 11 adults and ten children at our house. We went to Blue Springs earlier in the day to swim, and then everyone came back here to eat pizza and soup. It really was fun.

Saturday night was the 47th Street Reunion. Kris' parents grew up on 47th Street in Hialeah, so there was a reunion for all of the "kids" they grew up with, and many of their kids and grandkids were in tow as well. It was fun to see the friendships that had lasted for so long. Luke and Eli were both so sweet, in spite of the fact that we didn't get home until 10:00 that night.

I stayed home with Eli yesterday morning and Kris took Luke with him to church. The two boys and I have had colds, and I figured the nursery workers at church wouldn't appreciate me putting Eli in the nursery considering the fact that he was up so late the night before and he had a continual stream of snot running out of his nose. Sorry, that's gross, but it's totally true. I got the whole house cleaned and all the clothes washed. It was fabulous.

We're exhausted and glad to have nothing to do. I'm tempted to take the kids somewhere this morning just because the house is clean and I would like it to stay that way, but I think we need to just rest.

No comments: