Saturday, January 7, 2012

The End and The Beginning

The boys and I enjoyed our three weeks break from school and a schedule.  The first week was spent at home, catching chickens and such. 

Eli is the only one brave and quick enough to snatch them up when they wander in our yard.

I have made sure this doesn't concern the neighbors.  They assure me the chickens won't have a heart attack and that if they do, it's not a problem.  Fried chicken!


"Eli, please, please, please just let me get a decent picture of you!"
"Mama, I don't know what you want me to doooo!"
"Just smile and look cute!"

Christmas morning was fun.  A video of the boys running into the room in their underwear to check out the loot is coming eventually.

"Hey! I knew I was getting a bow and arrow!"


After lots of practicing at Grandma and Papa's house the night before, he knew exactly what to do Christmas morning.


Acchh!  Look at the cuteness!  Stop. Growing. Up. So. Fast! 


We spent New Year's evening at the lake.  It was a gorgeous sunset.

We actually caught several little fish.  And I am proud to say that I removed my first fish from the hook. It was absolutely disgusting.

Eli was getting creative with the angle of the camera.  Kris saw that I was putting this picture on here and he said, "People are going to think I always walk around without a shirt on."  Well if you got it, flaunt it.  That's all I'm sayin'.

Judah and Grandma snuggling and watching the sunset.

He was happy.

So was he....

Happy New Year!
 

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Loved the update! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

The Journey said...

The boys have grown SOOOOOO much! They're not babies anymore. You're family is so precious. I love catching up on your blog.