Thursday, October 6, 2011

Smart Cookie. With a Dash of Sass.

Eli is honest.  He doesn't mince words.  He's very matter of fact.  And quite frankly, when he feels like it, he can be a bit of a smart ass.

Last night he was falling asleep in the car, (which we always frantically attempt to prevent so he won't be awake at ten p.m.) and I said, "Eli! What movie can I put on for you!!!!!!"  He sleepily informed me, "I'm going to fall asleep no matter what movie you put on."  

This morning he was looking at my daily calendar, which was still on the 5th, and said, "We've had six days in October." I asked him how he knew it was the sixth since the calendar was still on the 5th, and he said, "'Cause I know how to count." Ooookay.

Eli is only competitive where Luke is involved.  Any other time when we attempt to motivate him to "try his hardest" he looks at us like, "Why?"   But if Luke is doing it, by gosh, he can do it!  So while Luke was doing homework yesterday, Eli wanted to do "math".  I wrote down 2+2= and he said, "Four!"  I knew he knew that one, so I wrote 7+3=, thinking it would be too hard for him.  After a few seconds he said, "Ten!" I was pretty surprised and asked him how he knew that, and he said, "I just hear a voice in my head that says, 'One, two, three, four, five, six, seven' and then it says, 'eight, nine, ten'."

You make me smile, Eli.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your boys crack me up! I have so much to look forward to with Harrison. Sending love to you and all your boys!

Whitney

Kristy said...

This is hilarious!!!! I laughed out loud on this one!