Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Stomach Bug, Part Deux

This morning we woke up to the sequel of this fun time. Fortunately, we had a new main character. (And by "fortunately" I mean for me.)

Is it bad that I feel like I've had a small vacation this morning? With Luke laid out on the couch, I've been able to do all kinds of things. I vacuumed, dusted, wiped baseboards. I even mopped my floors for the first time in....well, a long time. Luke is the best sick person I've ever seen. When he feels like he's going to be sick, he whimpers for a few seconds, throws up neatly into his bucket while keeping his eyes glued to the TV the whole time and then lays back down.

Eli has enjoyed having Luke stationary, and he's just played around him so sweetly. I don't think I've had to even once say, "No kicking!" "Play sweetly!" "Luke, get off his head!" "Eli, give Luke back his _______!" (Fill in the blanks here because that child is forever swiping Luke's stuff.)

Not that I'm wishing sickness on my baby, and I do hope he feels better quickly because there's nothing more pitiful than a sick child, but I have enjoyed my morning.

3 comments:

KateVonGlahn said...

I'm glad everyone is feeling better. Stay well and leave the germs in FL!

Christy Ward said...

One of my friends once said, "I don't know what I am going to do when my baby runs his first fever. I know I am going to panic and go to the emergency room or something."
I stated, "you might the first time. But, then you will realize how much you get done around the house with a baby who wants to sleep all day."

Hannah Hoffmann said...

Hah! That's funny, Christy.