Sunday, November 18, 2012

DeLand Fall Festival of the Arts

This weekend was the Fall Festival of the Arts here in DeLand.  Each grade in all the area schools had a piece chosen to be on display, and Luke's art was chosen to represent the first grade class at his school!

Okay, I need a moment.  I was sure I was going to be proud of his work, but I was not prepared to be stunned.  I'm not naturally gifted in the arts (understatement), so the fact that the child who created this art and the art below came from my gene pool sometimes overwhelms me.


 If I'm going to be completely honest, I had no idea that there was such a thing as "Chalk and Glue" media.
 The artwork was being housed in the downtown government offices building where Kris sometimes works. The boys were being silly.  Their daddy is the best property appraiser in the county.

No comments: