Monday, March 19, 2012

Back Before I Was Famous

I told Kris I needed to post something, but I have very little time and no motivation.  But I think that's because I like to have pictures to go along with my posts, and these days I do not even have one free finger for a camera.  Judah requires both my hands, eyes, and ears, all twenty of my fingers and toes, every muscle in my back and just about every ounce of my concentration these days.  He is so two.

We have this conversation often:

Me: "Judah, look at Mama.  Do you need a spanking?"
Judah: "Yesh."

He doesn't get nearly as many as he needs because he is so unbelievably cute.  And he knows it.

We have had some fun things going on lately.  Things I'm actually very sad about not having pictures of, but I guess we'll all have to use our imaginations.

About a month ago I took Luke downtown to open auditions for a movie, Ring the Bell, that is being filmed in Deland.  I figured it would be a fun experience.  He's pretty comfortable around people he doesn't know well, always up for a new experience, interested in new people.  He walked in the audition room and, apparently, forgot to bring his personality with him.  He never smiled, didn't talk.  It was pitiful.  We walked out of the audition and he said, "I really hope they call me."  I felt a rock in the pit of my stomach because I could really hear the hope in his voice, but I witnessed the audition and knew he had not exactly shown his best side.  Imagine our surprise when we got home last Sunday night and had a message on the answering machine that they wanted us to come be extras in the movie the next day!

Eli wasn't about to be left out, so he and Luke and I spent from nine in the morning to five fifteen that afternoon shooting a picnic scene at a local church.  It was a long, fun day.  So, if they don't completely cut the scene that we were in, you might see us in the background playing "Rock, Paper, Scissors" on a picnic blanket while Steven Curtis Chapman and the main character have a conversation.  Let me just say that you will see about five seconds of "Rock, Paper, Scissors", but I assure you that there were hours of "Rock, Paper, Scissors" played, a few tears, just as many bribes and at least one vow to never take my four year old to a day long movie shoot again...In case we really do end up being famous and have the chance to be in another movie.

I'll keep everyone posted about whether we actually make the cut or not!

No comments: