Thursday, March 11, 2010

Chatty Cathy

Judah is eleven weeks (I think. I keep losing count.), and what a sweetie! He is absolutely delightful. He smiles so often now, but I still am overwhelmed by the cuteness of each smile. It starts as a little crooked half-smile and then splits into a gummy, open-mouthed attempt at a laugh. I can tell already that he is going to be sweet natured and always appreciative of Luke's crazy antics and Eli's jokes.

Judah is wearing 3-6 month clothes and completely filling them out. He likes to eat, but he's willing to wait patiently as long as he has a passy. It's a good thing around here, because, unfortunately, he gets ignored a lot. I tried giving him a bottle today (I've been lazy about giving them to him lately, and I think I'm going to pay for it.) After about twenty minutes of sweetly saying, "No, thank you, Mama", he looked at me and said, "All right, Woman, give me the boob before it gets ugly in here." I quickly acquiesced. At least he can stand up for himself when necessary. That will be an important quality in this family.

Nights have been going fine. He gets up once. I'm getting a little tired of it, though, and I made him wait last night. He went back to sleep after a bit, so maybe it won't be so difficult to train him to sleep through the night. It might be easier than getting him to take a bottle. Sigh.

Judah's getting pretty chatty these days. I caught some of it on video.

2 comments:

The Journey said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

He is growing SO fast! I about fell out of my chair when you said "All right, Woman, give me the boob before it gets ugly in here."!!!!

SUPER FUNNY!!!

Pajama Mama said...

AWWWW! What a great stage!